Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

107/365 Annette

She was visiting, and I brought her along to a poetry reading. We loved the reading – fabulous energy. And then, with the question-and-answer session that followed, when she asked a perfectly reasonable question, all those “clever kids” sniggered ever so quietly. I felt like cracking some heads together.

Comments:
I was smarter than I've ever been in my life after one year of University. If someone had cracked my head then, I would have deserved it. I'll bet a lot of those "clever kids" wish they could take back their snickering.
 
Oh the discouragement many of us served in the form of snickers. Today I ask those "reasonable" questions even when I know the answer just keep them from remaining unanswered for others. Snickers are compliments to me now. At least I know someone is paying attention to what I say.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?