Monday, October 16, 2006

 

240/365 Annie

Every time you move from country to country, you shed more stuff. By now you are reduced to not much at all. If you keep moving, by the time you’re leaving this planet behind, you’ll be putting nobody to the trouble of sorting it all out. Unhampered. Untrammelled.

Comments:
My mother needs to take lessons from Annie...
 
Helen: My mother too! (Although I very much admire this shedding of stuff...even we nonpackrats seem to end up with way too much of it.)
 
I want to be just like Annie when I grow up. Not leaving anything material behind for anyone to have to sort through sounds like a great goal to me ... and then there is all that other stuff that we'll leave behind, too, like the words we spoke or didn't and the actions we took or neglected to take. I think it will be tough to make a clean break when my time comes.
 
I too know someone just like this... His life is always an adventure but he has no real ties to anyone or anything.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?